onsdag den 13. januar 2010

Making myself a Introduction picture part 1.

I had my youtube account for some time now. I think i had it for at least 4 months, where i been posting videos roughly weekly. But... i allways was abit irritated that i didn't have a logo or as i liked to think of it, a introduction picture. So without more rambling, i sent myself on a journey for the holy grail.. ermm i mean.. introduction picture!

I knew i wanted to have either a Farseer, Autarch or a warlock in the foreground. After browsing the Internet looking for pictures or graphic art to see, how the armor looked like in detail. I finally decided on a warlock. I started searching for anything related to warlock armor and weapons. I looked at models from many editions, fan art, dawn of war art and so on and after a while of very roughly sketching, i had a good idea how my warlock was gonna look like.

Sadly i got so carried away so i forgot to take pictures of the early stages of my drawing up, but i took some pictures of the final stage of the pencil detailing.

Now i got my warlock sorted with pencil, i can go to inking. I do realize the hand is abit odd looking at this stage, but i am gonna make a kinda vortex over his hand so it will look distorted, so hopefully it will look like hes hand is getting charged up for some serious business.

Now some people might ask: why is he holding a staff in his hand? Well this is my version of a singing spear, a mix of the old edition warlock spears and abit of my own.

The belt i took from a highelf belt, since they don't normally wear belts but rather robe tied around their waste to hold in their robes . But i felt like it completed the look better and suited the warlock more. I mean they are not friars for crying out loud hehe.

The rest of the warlock is simply copying the rough sketch down to more detailed and precise armor parts. I also added some gemstones here and there Oh year and they raised arm is me free styling some, while still trying to be true to the typical Armor that the eldar wear.

and next step is the more satisfying work. the inking!

Here is how the final step looks like. I erased the pencil lines and the drawing is now ready to get scanned, so i can start playing with it in photoshop. But i have to wait for tomorrow for my girlfriend to take it to her university, since i don't own a scanner anymore.... cause i broke it.. doh!

Next part will properly take a few days so ill do a few other stuff for the blog while i finish it. Art should never be rushed!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar